Monday, July 9, 2012

Headhunters

Headhunters

I should be too ashamed to even write about this film. It was a hot day and I was not sure I wanted to watch 5 Broken Cameras. I flatter myself that I can see both sides of the Palestinian problem but I feared I would get too overheated in the politics. However I went to the film and sat down in auditorium 7.
I wondered why they were speaking Norwegian and thought it was a preview that didn’t seem to end. I never saw a title on the screen.
At first I was rather intrigued.
Roger was a handsome man. He played the part of a very successful headhunter. He had an exceptionally beautiful wife and a modern exquisite home. He valued his lifestyle and lived beyond his means. In business he was ruthless and tough.
Afterhours he robbed famous paintings and left behind copies. He was very good at this.
A very handsome man, Clas Greve arrives from Amsterdam and plans to move into his inherited apartment in Oslo. Roger offers him a lucrative job.
It was all very intriguing to this point. The trouble then began. It seems as if Clas Greve had been trained in terrorist methods. Roger sets out to steal a very famous painting from Greve’s apartment. Big mistake.
Roger has an affair. Greve has an affair with Roger’s wife. I can handle that kind of trouble.
Greve sets out to destroy Roger. There are dog attacks and shootings. There are car chases and overturned cars. It is all a bloody mess.
At one point Greve is closing in on Roger with an attack dog. Roger hides out in the outhouse. He has no choice but to jump into the pit and breathe through an empty toilet paper roll. When he emerged I could smell him right through the screen. It was horrible.
Roger survives so many shootings, dog bites and accidents.
The film ended ‘happily’ and I still did not know the name of the picture. I had to ask the ticket seller for the name of the film in auditorium 7.
I guess headhunters can be interpreted in two ways. Roger worked for a headhunting agency that employed high powered executives. He also was being hunted for stealing the paintings and for several murders
Apparently the film was based on a best selling thriller from 2008.
The best part was when the ticket seller took pity on me and gave me 2 passes for the theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment