Friday, November 11, 2011

Manta Ray

Manta Ray situated on the Alma Beach near the Dan Panorama Hotel
Tel Aviv 03 517 4773

I wish I could be more definitive about the address but all my information was in Hebrew. It is a large pavilion on the sea. Any cab will know this place and when you make a reservation you will be given better instructions. It was my last night in Israel. My friend is a bassoon player with the Tel Aviv Philharmonic. She invited me to dinner and I was delighted to meet her very handsome charming husband. We agreed to meet early on a Friday because my friend had played in a concert and needed to unwind and dine before calling it an evening. They wanted me to experience one of their favorite restaurants. Apparently it is considered one of the top 10 restaurants in the city. A window by the sea side was booked. We arrived at 5:00 p.m. to find the place fully packed. Apparently from 9:00 a.m. it is always busy. You must have a reservation. We had the last table and sure enough it overlooked the Mediterranean Sea. It was raining and the surf was crashing ashore. We did manage to see a red sunset. It was quite wonderful
The restaurant is known for its outstanding food. David looked after us in style. At dinner time a large platter with 12 different appetizers is presented to the table. You choose whatever you like. This is such a wonderful idea because you can see what is offered.
We shared a Marinated Eggplant dish, Tzazicki, Tuna Carpaccio, Beets and wonderful Foccaccia bread.
I was elated to see Tuna on the menu. It is my favorite food. The fish was grilled to perfection and sat on a sauce that was fruity and tasty. The shaved asparagus was a wonderful.addition to the plate.
My friends each had Sea food dishes with Shrimp and Scallops.

No comments:

Post a Comment