Monday, December 5, 2011

Creme

Crème 162 Cumberland St. 416 962 7363



Finest Cuisine! Superb Service! Elegant! A Hidden Treasure!

I adore this charming restaurant tucked into a lane between Yorkville and Cumberland in the heart of Yorkville. In the summer it is amazing to sit out in the massive courtyard and not be bothered by traffic or pollution. The courtyard has such a European atmosphere. This was the first snowfall of the season and two dapper gentlemen (with fashionable hats) were sipping a drink at the outdoor bar. I told them I wanted to take a picture. What great advertising that would be.

Since Ricardo Sousa became the general manager this quiet spot is booming. Make sure you meet him when you visit. Guaranteed you will be charmed with his smile, warmth and personal attention.

There is another noteworthy Ricardo at Crème. Chef Ricardo Roque works magic in the kitchen. The presentation of the food is creative and appealing. Everything is perfectly prepared with such flavor.

Paula was our charming server. She couldn’t do enough to please us. When we 5commented on the superb food she proudly told us the chef is her husband. We kept sending her back to the kitchen to give him a hug in appreciation of our exquisite food.

My dear friend from Thornhill drove a long way to join me. I have missed her so much since I stopped taking my Spanish classes with her. We wanted fine food and a chance to chat quietly. All our needs were met in the most positive way.

My dining companion opted for the Pan Seared Striped Bass.($22.00) Grilled Portobello mushroom, grape tomatoes, scallion vinaigrette and candied beets were topped with the perfectly cooked fish.

I will always order anything that includes tuna. My Nicoise ($21.00) was one of the best. Rare seared tuna was perfectly flavored and prepared. Sweet peppers, anchovy, potatoes, tomatoes, green beans, olives and eggs are flavored with a light but very flavorful vinaigrette. The tuna melted in my mouth. The green beans were still snappy and tasty. I enjoyed every bite. .

We were both tempted with the Daily Omelette.($15.00) Today’s special included olives, cheese and tomatoes. Fries or salad are included.

Roast Chicken is prepared with supreme of chicken roast, fingerlings and a white wine herb jus.($21.00)

Tagliolini is an egg noodle dish with sausage, shaved fennel, honey mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.($14.00 sm; $19.00 lge)

I have dined here on previous occasions. I always leave with a smile on my face because dining here is a complete experience.

Try and leave some room for dessert. We were tempted with the Lemon Tart and Crème Brulee but settled for some delicious in house made cookies. Biscotti and Shortbread were so satisfying even though we were satiated from our main course.

Ricardo(s), you make dining here a memorable event.

No comments:

Post a Comment