Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Obsessed

I think that Beyonce Knowles is one talented young lady. She can sing like nobody else and those sexy moves are really something. When she sang ‘At Last’ for Barack and Michelle Obama at the inaugural ball I had tears in my eyes. She has now shown that she can be a serious actress. It is interesting that members of her family were involved with the production.

I really liked the suspense and the story until the last half hour. The fighting at that time was ‘over the top’ and I just wanted it to end.

Derek is a handsome successful business man. He has it all. His beautiful wife, Sharon, (Beyonce Knowles) his young child and his gorgeous new house are all perfect.

A young beautiful temp, Lisa, comes to work in the office and everything goes wrong. She insinuates herself into his life. She throws herself at Derek and seems to be omnipresent. She stalks him and harasses him and practically rapes him at times.

Derek does his best to get rid of her but things go from bad to worse. His lovely wife doesn’t know what to believe. His biggest mistake was not telling his wife about the problem. When she does discover the problems with Lisa he almost looks suspicious.

Are we dealing with a lying husband or a psychotic young lady? There is a lot of suspense and surprising episodes. I was sitting on the edge of my seat at times. Lisa is very beautiful and sexy. She makes all the moves. You wonder how Derek is able to shrug her aside. She is bold and unrelenting. She puts Derek’s family and his work in jeopardy.

This is not my usual type of picture. I don’t like thrillers. Except for the last 20 minutes I liked the pace. I actually almost laughed at some of the fight scenes between Lisa and Sharon. They were overdone and went on too long. It took the police too long to come to the rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment