Monday, February 7, 2011

Jump

Jump 18 Wellington St. West Commerce Court

416 363 3400

Winterlicious 2011 is on and I am jumping into action. What better place than Jump for my first venture at eating 3 course meals for a set price. You can check the web site and find all the restaurants participating as well as the menus. The prices vary but it is good value at trying different dishes at restaurants that may be off the budget list on a regular basis. Jump was very busy and the noise level may be a detriment for many. Jump is part of the Oliver Bonacini empire. During Winterlicious lunch is $20.00 and dinner $35.00.

The Roasted Tomato & Parmigiano- Reggiano Soup was very flavorful. It was a generous portion but could have been a little hotter. Belgian Endive and Green Bean Salad are served with crispy prosciuttino bits and Alex Farm 7 year old cheddar dressing. I noticed a patron at the next table enjoying her Canadian Rock Crab Cake with a smoked red pepper sauce, celeriac and heirloom carrot slaw. It did look inviting. Wild & Tame Mushroom Soup is prepared with 6 kinds of mushrooms. There is no cream or butter. It was thick and looked so tempting.

Chicken Milanese is served with a warm mild mushroom salad, shaved goat milk Gouda and lemon truffle vinaigrette. The Pan Seared Nova Scotia Sea Scallops were served with garlic rubbed foccacia crostini, artichoke and mushroom minestra.

My companion and I chose the same main course. The Butternut Squash Ravioli was delightful with the sage butter sauce. Rapini, pinenuts and a 20 yr old balsamic riserva enhanced the delicacy and flavor of the pasta.

I try to watch my waistline but during Winterlicious the dessert is part of the fun. On this occasion I enjoyed the Honey Crisp Apple & Cranberry Crostata with mascarpone mousse cream. It was delicious. My friend enjoyed her Flourless Dark Chocolate Torte with dulce ice cream and caramel corn. I tasted it and it was a big winner. The Sicilian Cannoli was the third choice.

I went for a long walk following this extravaganza. That is a lot of eating and tomorrow is round two. Winterlicious continues from January 28 until February 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment