Monday, March 7, 2011

Four Lions

Four Lions

It might have been a novel idea but it certainly didn’t work for me. I was bored by the four stupid, inept, clumsy men who thought they were terrorists. I should have cheered that it was only themselves that seemed to get blown up.

The terrorists were from England. One is a white convert. They insult one another and use abusive language. They always seem to be yelling at one another.

I suppose the director and writer were trying to show that terrorists are ‘blundering idiots.’

Too often that is not the case and it is easy to recall recent horror stories. Some terrorists obviously have done foolish things but this film was neither a comedy nor a satire. I did wonder why so many in the audience kept laughing.

This is a short review but I truly feel that the film was not worthy of my spending any more time in telling you to stay away.

No comments:

Post a Comment