Monday, May 2, 2011

Oliver & Bonacini

Oliver & Bonacini Bayview Village Shopping Centre

416 590 1399

My mission was to look for a dress for my grandson’s wedding to Hillary. It has to be special. A dear friend agreed to come with me to help me look. I value her taste in clothes and expertise in fashion.

We decided to have lunch before beginning the process. What better place to dine and set the standard of high living.

I couldn’t believe that the total restaurant was occupied. This is a very large restaurant. The menu offers so many choices I really had trouble deciding. Our young server was patient and a delight.

An extensive brunch menu is offered throughout the day. I opted for the Eggs n’ Lox creation.($14.95) I asked to change the brioche to whole wheat bread. Not a problem. The scrambled eggs were moist and so tasty. It is hard to prepare scrambled eggs in a commercial operation. They usually are overdone and dry. These were the best. They were nestled on the toast and covered with a very generous portion of local smoked salmon, chives, grilled asparagus and mascarpone. It was a dish fit for a princess. My friend chose the Savory Smoked Ham Crepe. ($14.95) Two poached eggs, wilted spinach and Thunder Oak Gouda are served in the crepe with mushrooms and hollandaise.

I am told that the Broccoli, Leek, & Goat Cheese Quiche is a total winner.($13.95) It is served with a choice of salad soup or Yukon fries. The Roasted Vegetable Omelette with goat cheese and mixed greens also was appealing.($13.95)

The above mentioned are just a few from the brunch selections.

A mini Pizza with a choice of salad or Yukon fries is a great suggestion for lunch. Margherita is a pizza toped with vine ripened tomatoes, bocconcini cheese and basil ($12.95) Giardinera offers fire roasted red peppers, feta, spinach, balsamic roasted cipolline onions and black olives.($13.25)

Grilled Atlantic Salmon with artichokes, arugula, pickled mushrooms and prosciutto is available for those wanting more substantial food.($18.75) the Classic Burger is 8 oz. of flame broiled lean meat with a dill pickle and Kewpie mayo.($`3.95) Old Macaroni & cheese is always a satisfying tasty dish. It is prepared with white cheddar ad goat cheese.($1250)

I was so impressed with the efficiency of this artful restaurant. It is first class. The menu offers a great variety of tasty dishes. The food was so delicious and of course the plating is inviting and creative.

Oliver & Bonacini have many restaurants throughout the city. The efficiency and creative culinary skill is evident in every restaurant. The service is always impeccable. It is obvious that a great deal of training goes into the staff and it shows.

This exquisite food set us in the mood for our high class shopping in Baview Village. If only I could afford the dresses. I should have gone back to the restaurant for a high calorie dessert and called it a day. It was still a winning afternoon. My friend and I enjoyed our superb lunch and time together. The dress shopping was not as successful. I’ll leave that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment