Monday, August 8, 2011

The Future

The Future

I hate to feel stupid. When I don’t understand a film I begin to doubt myself. I needed a lecture before or after this strange film to explain the meaning. Sorry. I didn’t get it.
The film opens with a blank screen. A very strange voice is speaking. It turns out the voice is a cat talking. The voice was eerie and annoying.
We meet a young couple. They are also strange. He works at home giving tech support by phone. She teaches dancing. They both stare with a vacant look and speak in a slow unusual way. He states,” I’m gearing up to do something special.” Too bad he doesn’t accomplish his goal. He also stated that he thought he would be a world leader. That is a laugh.
He tears up the phone cord and she leaves her unsatisfying job. They both declare they are now free.
He takes on a job getting people to buy trees in order to help the environment. She goes to meet a man that she met at the vet when they were adopting the cat. They have sex and she moves in with him.
He has a daughter. One day she digs a big hole in the back yard. She buries herself up to her head and begs to sleep in this position. I hope someone can explain what that means or for that matter what it all means.
I found the couple irritating. I didn’t like them and I certainly couldn’t relate to them and I hated that cat with its annoying voice.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment