Sunday, August 28, 2011

Omni Cafe

Omni Cafe 2793 Bathurst at Glencairn 416 783 2091

I like to think of myself as a positive person. I am flexible and forgiving. Unfortunately this visit doesn’t merit any positive praise.
My family (all 11) is slowly arriving from Israel. We are all heading to Chicago for the wedding of my grandson. It was meant to be a pleasant lunch to visit with those family members who had just arrived from Israel.
I phoned for a reservation because we were a large number. I was told they do not take reservations and they are busy on a Friday for lunch. I explained that that was the very reason I was requesting a table to be reserved for a large number. In a very rude voice I was told the table would not be saved so we had better be on time. You can imagine my surprise when I arrived (on time) and noticed a very large party enjoying a meal. You can bet they had reserved.
I also needed to order food from this establishment for an open house I am holding later in the week. My family only eats kosher food so I was restricted to possible venues. In the past I have enjoyed the food served here and have had no problem with any catered food.
I immediately told the server I also wanted to order some catered food for later in the week. He assured me someone would come to the table. It never did happen. I had to go to the front desk at the end of our meal to place the order.
The service was slow. The food was totally unacceptable. We didn’t complain but I was so embarrassed. An Omelet looked like a pancake. My Salad Nicoise was tasteless and I left most of it. One granddaughter ordered Pasta. I tasted it and found it to be so sweet I wouldn’t have eaten any of it. The Quesadillas were flat and looked most unappealing. We finally asked for bread and towards the end of the meal some pieces of bread did arrive. To be fair I have to state that one grandson enjoyed a Grilled Salmon Sandwich on their delicious homemade bread.
I know the place was busy but this was a totally bad experience.
Let’s hope the catered food later this week will make up for all my negativity. Let’s hope the visit with all the family is also a positive experience. One granddaughter and her husband are currently trapped in New York but by mid week the sun may shine and all of my negative experience will have evaporated. Just writing abut it I already feel better. Will I return here for another meal, not for a long time?

No comments:

Post a Comment