Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bistro Tournesol

Bistro Tournesol                406 Dupont St                  416 921 7766

Forgive me for starting with the dessert. The Zesty Lemon Tart is without doubt the best in the world. I have dined here on many occasions and always salivate at the thought of this perfect pastry. On this occasion I asked for the lemon tart first. Wisely and with good humor it was suggested that I should earn it and save it for the last.
Each year at Sumerlicious I have the fun of selecting a restaurant for four dear long standing friends. I won’t tell you how many years we go back. We love to get together to discuss old and new times. I knew Bistro Tournesol was going to be my choice this year. It is the best value in own. During Summerlicious July 6-22 Bistro Tournesol offers 3 unbelievable gourmet courses for $25.00
During the year I consider it good value to dine here for 2 courses at $29.99. Take advantage of this Summerlicious special. Bistro Tournesol is always great value and exceptional food.
Philip is the charmer at the front of the house. He makes each person feel as if they are a private guest. Mel works the bar and does much of the administration. Let’s not forget Craig. He is the tireless creative masterful chef. This place never fails. The food is sublime.
Three of the women had the East Coast Crab and Fish Cake served with a fresh Knappa slaw. It melted in my mouth. We ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ our way through this first course. The fourth diner chose the Tournesol Greens with sunflower seeds and tasty shallot vinaigrette.
We all remembered the Salmon from our last visit. Each portion is served on a miniature plank. The Cedar Planked Grilled Salmon is tender and flavorful. The side sauce had a taste of mustard which enhanced the already perfectly prepared salmon. The grilled zucchini slice and perfectly cooked baby asparagus made for a picture perfect dish and a gourmet delight.
I am running out of superlatives. It was a masterful meal. One of the diners opted for the Ballotine of Chicken dish. The chicken was stuffed with mushrooms, leeks, basil and natural jus. Another winner.
You guessed the ending. All four of us enjoyed a Zesty Lemon Tart. They were even better this time. I have eaten lemon arts all over the world. Trust me. These are the best. the Chocolate Callebaut Cake with white chocolate shavings was tempting but I am not fickle when it comes to dessert at Bistro Tournesol.
Plan to go before Summerlicious ends. You must have a reservation. The restaurant was completely packed for 2 seatings. The restaurant closes for a well deserved holiday in August. If you miss this round make sure it is on your wish list for a fall outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment