Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sassafraz

Sassafraz                    100  Cumberland Ave                       416 964 2222

Summerlicious is a wonderful opportunity to try great food at different restaurants. I wanted a place close to home. I was taking my grandson out for a gourmet lunch.
Sassafraz is a jewel in the Yorkville area. The outside patios are always full. I was pleased we were ushered inside. The interior room is elegant and bright. The tables are very well spaced. The skylights and white walls make for a warm ambiance. I am especially fond of the tables at the back close to the waterfall and the wall of lush green plants. It is really quite spectacular.
Thank you Jams for outstanding service. The Summerlicious program offers 3 courses for $25.00 for lunch. The dinner is $45.00.
 My grandson began with the Vichyssoise. It was served with lobster and truffle essence. I thought it was a large portion. This is a rich thick soup. It was totally enjoyed and completely finished. I loved the Spinach Salad with roasted beets and parsnip chips. The violet mustard maple vinaigrette was flavorful and enhanced the fresh taste of the greens. The other choice on the prix-fixe is a Cucumber Strawberry Arugula Salad served with pink peppercorn honey vinaigrette with crisp prosciutto.
The server recommended the Roasted Chicken for my grandson. It was prepared with double smoked bacon, red onion, quinoa, braised leeks and a natural jus. He found it to be moist and very tasty.
I love to try Salmon in different restaurants. It is good to compare. The grilled Atlantic Salmon was moist and delicious. I loved the lemon caper orzo. Green beans and a blood orange emulsion completed this gourmet feast.
Pappardelle with roasted tomatoes, artichokes, goat cheese and basil pesto is a vegetarian option that sounded very tempting.
The other main course is Pork Tenderloin with roasted garlic, sweet potato mash, and asparagus with a sweet apple cider glaze.
The Chocolate Brownie with a brandied cherry was tempting for dessert. I opted for the Gotham City Cheese exclusive to Sassafraz. A small firm flavorful cheese was served with flatbread and an assortment of dried fruits. I found it so satisfying after eating two full courses.
The Banana Cream Tart with toasted coconut and mango sherbet was a big winner in the dessert department.
We were so happily full. The ambiance is charming. The service was superb and we totally enjoyed our dining experience in this exquisite restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment