Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Union Square

Union Square

I knew the bubble was about to break. I had such an exceptional week with Summerlicious and good films. Fortunately I had a pass for this movie or I would really be upset. It is so annoying when a good idea is poorly represented. I usually enjoy films about family dynamics and interpersonal relationships. Not so this time.
Lucy arrives at her sister’s apartment. She has been dumped by a married boyfriend and is totally upset. She wears ridiculous clothes and looks like a whore.
Her sister is totally the opposite. She has a charming young boyfriend. They don’t smoke or drink and eat only healthy food. Basically their life is quite dull.
Lucy upsets everything. We learn why the sisters had not communicated in a long time. We learn more about their mother who played a major role in their type of personality.
Both characters change as the film develops but I didn’t really care about either of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment