Monday, September 26, 2011

Bar Mercurio

Bar Mercurio 270 Bloor St West 416 960 3877

Absolutely fantastic! Every bite was savored. Gourmet experience!
It started as a lunch with my grandson before he heads on a scholarship to The Banff School Of Arts. My daughter-in-law was in the hospital with knee surgery. My son also joined us for a lunch. Alex and I used to lunch here weekly when he was a student at UTS. It was a first time treat for my son.
I like the fact that this is a family owned restaurant. It is an authentic Italian bar and bistro. Joe or Theresa are always on hand to make sure all is running smoothly. Nona is the most remarkable woman. She still does some of the preparation and cooking. She works so hard and always has a smile for the guests. L’Espresso by Mercurio is a sister restaurant across the road. It features the best Paninis, Salads and Amazing Pastries. Both restaurants are always busy. We arrived at 2:00p.m and were surprised to see a full restaurant with only one table available.
My son said the Affumicato was the best Omelette ever. It was creamy and tasty. The smoked salmon and sour cream were flavorful. He also enjoyed the caviar topping. A fresh green salad was included. ($14.00) My grandson remembered the pizzas that he enjoyed on our weekly lunch visits. The Pizza Calabrese satisfied his craving.($14.00) The hot chili oil certainly added a little pizzazz. My Ravioli Ai Gamberi was a gourmet experience bordering on ecstasy.($18.00) It brought back memories of my trip to Tuscany. The ravioli melted in my mouth. The sauce was finger licking good. The home made foccacia was dipped in the sauce and I enjoyed it all. The gamberi were succulent and delicious.
We were all so satisfied with our choices. The Chocolate Flourless Cake was a mouth watering sensual experience.($10.00)
The menu is extensive. Pasta and Pizzas are always so tasty. Grilled fish and meat choices have been satisfying on other occasions.
Bar Mercurio always pleases. The service is friendly and efficient. The plating is appealing. The food always is a winning combination. For all of the above reasons this place thrives. And so it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment