Monday, September 26, 2011

La Vecchia Ristorante

La Vecchia Ristorante 2405 Yonge St 416 489 0630

I have been busy preparing to go to Chicago for my grandson’s wedding. As soon as I return I enter the full force of the Toronto Film Festival. When my good friend L called to suggest lunch I dropped everything in order to meet with her. We used to study Spanish together and had so much fun and now are very devoted friends. She lives in the far north of the city and we agreed to meet at a central convenient spot. L tells me her husband dines with his brother here often so it was a good recommendation. I was so pleased this was her suggestion.
The two very handsome servers made us so welcome. The place was crowded which is a recommendation in itself. I was very impressed with the menu. I give full marks to
La Vecchia for offering Mini Pizzas and Mini Pasta. This is so appreciated.
We both opted for a Mini Pizza. All are served with a green salad. Once again full marks for putting the salad on the pizza. My Pizza Vegetariana offered a thin crust. The tomato sauce was flavorful. I loved the grilled eggplant, zucchini, red peppers, mushrooms and spinach.($9.00) I ate every crumb and didn’t feel guilty. Every bite was flavorful and fully enjoyed. L enjoyed her Pizza Diavola with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, spicy Italian salami, jalapeno peppers, black olives and goat cheese.($12.00) Many other offerings are part of the daily menu.
Feeling hungry? Feel free to add $3.00 to the Mini Pizza and enjoy a regular size.
Foccaacie are all served with green salad. Focaaccia Capicollo is a delight of spicy capiciollo bocconcini, cucumber and balsamic.($11.00) Focaccia Vegetariana will please the vegetarians. Grilled seasonal vegetables are served with goat cheese and balsamic.($12.00)
The Pasta is homemade and once again you can benefit from a smaller portion. Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi offers mouth watering potato dumplings in a four cheese cream sauce.($11.00) Tagliatelle Biancaneve should tempt you with snow peas, sun-dried tomatoes with grilled chicken in a cream sauce.($11.00)
Some diners like to have a substantial meal at lunch. The entrée dishes offer a variety of Chicken, Veal, Fish and Shrimp.
Gamberi Del Conte is my choice for sautéed shrimp in a lemon garlic sauce served with linguini pesto.($16.00)
Pollo Savoia plates a plump chicken breast with red pepper, onion and mushroom in a white wine sauce served with grilled vegetables.($15.00)
I would say there is something for everyone. The warm pleasant service added to the delight. This restaurant is kind to your pocketbook. Great food at a reasonable price is a winning combination.
We both traveled to a different part of the city in order to meet and both left completely satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment