Monday, May 11, 2009

Lolo

I have just had a perfect evening. My loving family took me out to celebrate Mother’s Day. I always love their company. We all enjoy fine dining and good discussion. After tonight’s excellent cuisine I have two more men in my life.

Louis Ourique and Ricardo Sousa are the brains, brawn and creativity behind this restaurant. They were formerly located on Mt Pleasant Rd and now are situated on Yonge St north of Eglinton Ave. Louis and Ricardo deserve success. Tonight’s crowd was a tribute to their hard work. All tables were filled. Guests were being turned away without a reservation. Everyone was warmly greeted. The $25.00 Prix Fixe for 3 courses is a brilliant idea in these times. There is no greater value in this town. Often a fixed menu offers unpopular dishes or lesser fair. Not in this case. I can honestly say that every bite was perfection. We all agreed that our dining was superb. Imagine! 3 courses for $25.00 of delicious mouth watering food.

Kathy, Ray and Alex opted for the Soup of the Day, Carrot Soup. They cleaned their bowl as if they hadn’t eaten all day. They loved every morsel. I opted for the Mushroom Crostini. Sautéed mushrooms were placed on fresh greens over a crostini. I loved this dish. It was such a large portion and I couldn’t stop eating it.

Main courses kept up the fine standard. Alex loved the Penne with Spicy Sausage. There were also roasted peppers and a tomato sauce. Kathy enjoyed the Roasted Cornish Hen with citrus-basil glaze. Ray and I were pleased we had ordered the Seared Atlantic Salmon. I have had a lot of salmon over the years. This was absolutely marvelous, moist, tasty and cooked to perfection. The roasted potatoes were excellent. A little pyramid of roasted vegetables completed a creative presentation and a wondrous dining experience.

I don’t usually eat dessert but this going to change on this occasion. Kathy and Ray enjoyed the Flourless Chocolate Cake. The presentation was so artistic and the slices were very generous. Ray enjoyed an Apple Dessert with caramel sauce and ice cream. I had the most perfect slice of Lemon Tart. All the plates were beautifully garnished. We all tasted each other’s dessert. Every bite of every dessert was so delicious. All the desserts are made on the premises.

I recommend the Prix Fixe menu. It is an outstanding value of gourmet quality. Regular menu listings also appeal. Grilled Tiger Shrimp with roasted cherry tomato salsa is offered at $25.00 Braised Lamb Shank au Jus is a popular choice at $20.00 Tuscan Seafood Soup with crostini is listed at $28.00. The menu offerings are varied.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I am so grateful to my wonderful family for a great evening and for introducing me to this establishment. I congratulate Louis and Ricardo. They work so hard running around and trying to make sure everyone is satisfied.

Thank you to my family and to the new men in my life for a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment