Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The American

The American

I pushed my way through a torrential rain storm to reach the cinema. I am totally exhausted from my frustrating experience this year in getting my tickets for the Toronto International Film festival. My Book Club is coming this Tuesday and 12 guests are coming for dinner next Saturday. In other words I don’t have time to waste. I was getting all stressed and prepared to have a negative experience at this film. I sat through the total film with soaking shoes and clothes.

The film had a lot to offer and I do recommend seeing it. I loved every photo shot of Abruzzo. The mountains and valleys are breathtaking. I adored the small village scenes with the winding narrow lanes and little houses built up the mountain.

George Clooney is actually very good in this film. Sometimes the camera would focus a long time on his face. His facial expression would tell a lot.

I can’t say I fully understood the story. I am not sure what it was all about. There was suspense and intrigue.

George Clooney plays the part of Jack. He is a hit man and able to make a very special rifle. We learn that he is on a mission to kill someone but I was never sure who that was. Along the way he becomes involved with the gorgeous Clare who is a prostitute. He also befriends the local priest. It makes for some interesting action.

The women were so beautiful. There was one sex scene that was quite magnificent.

I did find it amusing when George Clooney is having a big shoot out in the middle of town and there is no interest from the locals. Not one door or window opened and the street was mighty quiet. I can forgive this flaw because I did enjoy the suspense and action.

No comments:

Post a Comment