Monday, September 27, 2010

Churrasco Villa

Churrasco Villa 254 Eglinton Ave East 416 457 7070

My family from Chicago was coming to Toronto for a week end. I was overjoyed and was looking forward to celebrating my son Bob’s birthday. I also asked my Toronto family to join us. 12 people for dinner is not an onerous task. However I am deeply entrenched in the Film Festival and see movies each day. How was I going to manage a five course meal and still see the films?

Appetizers were prepared in advance and only needed tomato rose decoration with sprigs of rosemary. Cornmeal muffins had been previously baked. The soup was in the freezer and a chocolate cheesecake was prepared in advance. The salad was definitely last minute. I served the salad in crystal champagne glasses so that it had a festive touch. I simply couldn’t do the main course.

The evening became more of a celebration when my grandson Brad proposed to his darling love, Hillary, at the Toronto Islands. He even invited her parents from Chicago to fly up for the weekend to surprise her. What an event. It was all so thrilling.

Churrasco Villa came to the rescue. All the family loves Churrasco Chicken. The company was very helpful in suggesting quantities. The food was delivered hot at the specified time. This way I didn’t need to store anything in the fridge or even heat up the food. The quantity was more than sufficient and the food was fantastic. Churrasco Villa uses a distinctive form of barbequing where foods are cooked slowly and maintain all the juices and flavor.

I was told that their Drumettes are a specialty.($13.99) I ordered a double portion. 2 Whole Chickens were perfectly barbecued and cut in pieces.($13.99)

I ordered 2 Slabs of Ribs. ($19.99) They were devoured in no time. The Churrasco Roasted Potatoes are so delicious that I was eating them cold and hot the next few days. It was only ($9.89) for a family portion. The Grilled Vegetables tasted as if they had just come from the barbecue.($6.99 per a family portion)

The Piri Piri Sauces added a wonderful flavor.

I have been told that the Seafood is extraordinary. A Calamari Dinner comes with roasted potatoes and veggies.($14.99) Churrasco Style Tiger Shrimps are marinated and barbecued. This is one of their signature dishes.($21.99)

You can order single portions or for a family. It is an extensive menu. It is also possible to dine at the restaurant.

Churrasco Villa came to my rescue. I was able to enjoy the family and the occasion. Everybody was satisfied. What an easy way to entertain. I will certainly do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment