Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Negroni Panini

Negroni Panini 492 College St. 416 413 0005

One of my favorite dinner companions was taking time from his busy music schedule. Alex has been writing a lot of new compositions and getting ready for a new CD. I was delighted that we were able to meet for dinner.

I have been a loyal fan of Side Car Grill on College St. I still maintain it has the best salmon in town. It is always busy. You must have a reservation. The food is superb.

Owners Bill and Casey had told me about their sister restaurant Negroni and I promised myself to try it out. My next visit will be to the newly opened bar Side Car Bar above the restaurant. It sounds like a fun experience to sip a fancy cocktail and listen to music.

The restaurant is beautifully designed. There is a small patio both in front and at the back. I like the way the tables are well spaced.

We sat outdoors on the front patio. Our perky server continued to make sure that the water glasses were filled and that we were satisfied with out food. We were totally satisfied.

Negroni offers Panini that are as delicious and varied as you might find in Italy. Every bite was a ‘wow.’ The restaurant is on my favorite strip of College St. There is such a buzz on this street. People are always strolling on the street. The restaurants are busy.

The Paninis are absolutely fantastic. They all include an arugula and fennel salad. That alone was worth a visit. The greens were fresh and flavorful. The freshly shaved grano pedano was perfect.

We started with an order of Herbed Bufula Ricotta Spread.($9.00) The crostini were made from good quality bread. The ricotta was infused with lemon and was creamy and delicious. Selections of Cured Meats are available.($14.00) If you prefer a Selection of Cheese is a good choice with a glass of wine.($14.00)

Chicken Salad is served with tomatoes, red onions, black olives and grana padano.($10.00) The side plates offer a choice from a panini. I recommend the Panini because they are so delicious. They are also filling. It makes for a complete meal.

Alex ordered the Sirloin Steak, Aged Cheddar and Horseradish Mayo Panini.($12.00) Alex declared the steak to be very tasty and the combination was thoroughly enjoyed. I was thrilled with the Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Pepperonata.($10.00 The flavors were very complimentary and made for one tasty dish.

I was tempted with the Italian Tuna with Lemon Capers, Artichoke and Hard Cooked Egg.($12.99)

I was told that the Veal Meatloaf with marinara and goat mozzarella is a favorite choice here.($12.00) The lady at the next table shared with us her pleasure with her choice of Capponata, Walnuts, Swiss Chard and Oven- Dried Tomatoes.($10.00)

The restaurant is about to introduce a new menu. I found the choices to be very creative. More important the food was fresh and flavorful. This is such a reasonable dinner or lunch choice.

It is interesting that Bill and Casey have established three venues on College Street that are so successful and all so different. I have enjoyed Side Car Grill and now Negroni. The new Side Car Bar will be my next stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment