Monday, June 21, 2010

Domani Restaurant and Wine Bar

Domani Restaurant and Wine Bar 335 Roncesvalles Ave

416 516 2147

My friend Estelle and I went to the Revue Cinema to see a documentary. I remembered one other time being in this neighborhood and discovering this wonderful Italian restaurant. We had so much to discuss about the film and wanted to enjoy a quiet delicious dinner.

We were greeted so warmly by David with such a lovely smile .David has the most amazing memory. He even remembered the table I sat at when I first came to the restaurant a few years ago. We chose the front of the restaurant to enjoy the last rays of the sunshine pouring in the window. It also was very quiet at the front.

I like the menu because there are many choices that please me. Estelle and I decided to share two items. We thoroughly enjoyed the Warm Goat cheese Salad. It was exceptional. Fresh arugula was on the plate topped with a roasted piece of red pepper. The most delicious crispy potato pancake was placed on the pepper topped with a mound of creamy goat cheese and chopped pistachio nuts. Pear jam was on the side of the plate.($9.50) Every bite was savored and we wished we had each ordered a full salad.

I asked David for the most popular choices on the menu. He claims that Steamed PEI Mussels Red Curry, fresh tomato and chives served in a coconut broth is the big winner.($10.95) Other sauces are also available for this dish. The Grilled Spice Rubbed Calamari with tomato Cajun salsa and balsamic vinegar is also popular.($9.50) I was tempted with the Scottish Smoked Salmon with Potato Latke served on lettuce leaves with avocado sour cream.($10.50)

We opted to share an 11” thin crust pizza for a second course. We were delighted that it was already cut in half and plated for our enjoyment. I have never tasted such a crispy thin crust. I loved every crumb. We chose the Pizza with Black Olive Paste, Artichokes, Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini, Fresh Tomatoes and Goat Cheese.($14.95) It was exceptional and we were delighted. The Grilled Shrimp Pizza with Calamari, Scallops, red onion, shitake mushrooms with tomato sauce and feta cheese was also tempting.($16.95)

I recall having pasta on my previous visit. Penne with Wild Mushrooms, kalamata olives, smoked jalapenos, fresh herbs, roasted garlic and tomato sauce sounded very tempting.($!3.50) Sicilian Style Gnocchi with Portabello Mushrooms, oven dried tomatoes, baby spinach and Gorgonzola cream is a big favorite of the patrons.)$14.95)

Main Courses also offer a variety of more substantial plates. Oven Roasted Tilapia with a mango drizzle is served with prawns on a bed of baby bok choy and red mini potatoes.($23.95) Roasted Rack of Lamb is served with a grainy mustard crust with goat cheese mashed potatoes, vegetables and port reduction.($23.95)

I was impressed with the number of items on the menu. This was my second visit to this restaurant. I remember being elated after the first experience. Once again we both found the food to be exceptional.

Roncsvalles Ave is an interesting street. The newly renovated Revue Cinema is currently showing great films. It was fun to stroll on the street and look at the boutique shops.

Estelle and I saw an outstanding documentary. We enjoyed discussing it over fine food in this restaurant. It reminded me of our fantastic 2 weeks together in Tuscany I know I will be back again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment