Monday, January 30, 2012

One for the Money

One For The Money



What did I expect? The reviews were terrible. I had seen every good film playing. In order to make myself feel more virtuous I walked downtown to see this film. This is a film that you might enjoy if you are curled up by the fireplace and watching on a DVD while eating popcorn and drinking wine.

I was annoyed with myself because the AMC theatres charge more than the other chains. To make matters worse I was told there was an additional fee of $2.00 because the screen was wider. Great! More screen to watch a lousy film.

I did laugh. I was entertained. I adored looking at the beautiful Katherine Heigl who plays the main character, Stephanie Plum. Even more so I loved looking at the would be murderer, Joe Morelly ( Jason O’Maro,) I don’t recall seeing him in another film. His blue eyes and fit body kept me mesmerized throughout.

I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Sherri Shepherd ( from the View) playing an overly made up ridiculous prostitute. Debbie Reynolds has a small part as the ‘over the top’ grandmother.

Stephanie is out of a job. Her beautiful red car has been repossessed. She is out of money. She takes on a job as a bail enforcement officer. She gets a job working for her sleazy cousin, Vinnie. We learn that Vinnie came on to her on her wedding day. There are some ‘lovely characters’ in this film. Vinnie gave her the challenge to find the ex cop Joe Morelly. He is wanted for murder. Well what a surprise. We learn that Stephanie had a sexual encounter with our handsome Joe. When he didn’t call her again she managed to drive into him.

It becomes a cat and mouse game with Stephanie trying to track down Joe and get him to a police station. The sexual vibes are strong and the antics are funny at times. Joe manages to handcuff Stephanie (in the nude) to her shower rod and then leave her.

The ‘bad guys’ are like comic characters. They look rough and tough and of course are up to no good.

Stephanie becomes quite a detective and even carries a gun. She befriends another handsome dude who works for the police force. He helps her.

In my mind I just wanted to know which man she ends up with.

Apparently Katherine Heigl produced this film. There is nothing redeeming about it. The antics of catching the losers will keep you occupied for a few minutes. It is playful and fun in spots.

This is what I call a last resort film.

No comments:

Post a Comment