Sunday, June 21, 2009

DT Trends/Dessert Trends

My dear friend Marianne has done so many favors for me. I wanted to show my appreciation and invited her as my guest to this favorite spot. She loved it immediately. I find the atmosphere so soothing. When you enter the restaurant you immediately see a large cooler filled with the most exotic pastries. Donald Duong is an Olympic winner for his fine pastries. Two mock wedding cakes are on display at the entrance. Donald is the chef in the evening for dinners from Wednesday to Sunday. His wife is the chef for brunches and lunches.

I love the soft grey and white tones of the building. The pastry display is in the middle and two small rooms are on either side. All the windows were open and it felt as if I was on a terrace. Everything is tastefully done. If you are fortunate the beautiful Jennifer will be serving you. Her radiant smile always lights up the room. The presentation of the food is so artistic and the taste guaranteed to please the palate.

Marianne opted for the Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Salad. It almost looked too attractive on the plate to start eating. Warm roasted peppers are in a basil sauce. The sweet onions were so perfect. The baby arugula was lightly mixed with a honey balsamic vinaigrette.($9.50) The multigrain bread is homemade.

I actually invented a new salad and loved it. I hope it appears on the menu in the future. Instead of the Crab and Avocado I asked for Shrimp. The shrimp were perfectly grilled. The avocado was served with caramelized onions and placed on fresh greens with balsamic vinaigrette. ($13.50) It was amazing.

We had such fun watching the food being delivered to the other tables. I have dined here often and have always been so pleased.

Mango and Shrimp Salad is a popular lunch dish.($11.00) On a previous visit a friend ordered the Crab Quiche and stated that it was the best she has ever had. I ordered the Smoked Salmon and Rosti potatoes for a brunch dish on a past visit. It was excellent.

The menu is extensive. The food is always plated like a work of art. The food is tasty and the service is delightful.

Make sure you save room for dessert. Today we shared a Lemon Meringue creation. It was on a coconut cookie and had fresh strawberries in a glaze on the side.($8.00)

I just pretended there were no calories. The dessert melted in my mouth.

Thank you Marianne for all your generosity. I hope you enjoyed your lunch as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment