Sunday, June 21, 2009

Madras Masalas

I have just had a feast. It couldn’t be better. When grandson Brad and his loving Hillary come from Chicago I want to take them out for dinner. They also wanted to see my son and daughter-in-law living here. All 5 of us love Indian food and this was exceptional.

We each chose one dish and then added one more to make sure there was enough. With rice and Naan we discovered that we had the perfect amount of food. The place was fully occupied by the time we left. Banjara is attached to this restaurant and features northern Indian food. Madras Masala is south Indian cuisine. Every bite was hot and so tasteful.

My absolute favorite dish is Prawn Saag. Prawns are cooked in a creamy tasty thick spinach sauce.($13.99) Hillary’s chose was the Shahi Paneer. Thick cubes of cheese are in a rich thick sauce made from cashews and cream.(8.95) Alu Channa was so flavorful. Chick peas and potatoes are cooked in aromatic spices.($8.99) It was the first time I have enjoyed Cauliflower Florets, deep fried, with aromatic spices. ($8.99) Fantastic! Mango Chicken ($10.99) and Lamb Hyderbad ($10.99) completed our order. Everybody had something special. We all loved the food.

There is a great deal of variety. It is served in a warm atmosphere. Our server had the warmest smile and was so willing to please. The food is exceptional and very economical. It is a great way to have a feast with a group. You get to taste a variety of dishes.

I love being with my family and I really love this tasty food. I will have to find an excuse to come back very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment