Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Hangover

This film doesn’t deserve more than a second of my time. That second is one bold word,” NO.” I was in Chicago visiting my family. My daughter-in-law has recently had surgery and I went there to be of help. I am ashamed that I even suggested a movie to her at this time. My grandson is very important to me. He suggested the film and said it would be a favor to him if I went to a movie that I really didn’t want to see. What would you do? Of course I went. We all went.

The film is coarse, degrading and in bad taste. A young man is about to be married and sets out for a bachelor weekend before the wedding. The theme is a common one and could have been a delightful film. Not with these characters.

Four buddies set out in the fancy car of the future father-in-law.

The day of the wedding arrives and the groom is missing. The film tells the story of the antics and nonsense of these three zany characters.

They get beaten up. They have accidents in the car. They even find a tiger in the washroom of their motel. Only these nuts could have such an experience. They drink too much and one character discovers in the morning that he has married a stripper and given her his grandmother’s ring from the holocaust. (Not funny)

The characters end up one night in jail. The police bring in students from a class to show them the jail. The police get great thrills in letting the students taser the men. (Also not funny)

The only humorous part was during the credits. Photos supposedly taken on the weekend are shown. They are gross but I did manage a smile or two. Maybe the smile was because the movie was over. Of course it ends on a positive note but I am not spoiling anything because you are not going to waste your money on this film.

At least we had enjoyed a fabulous meal before the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment