Monday, May 3, 2010

Cantine

What a consistently great restaurant. No wonder it is always bustling. The lunch crowd kept coming and coming. The menu is varied and offers so many delicious choices.

I have dined here many times and it is always excellent. My problem is in choosing something because I want it all.

My ‘delicious’ granddaughter is in town from Israel and my sister was our host for this tasty lunch. Hayah is a most interesting young lady. She coaches the Israeli Debating team and often is called upon to be a judge for debating contests around the world. She is charming, intelligent and so much fun. We wanted this lunch to be memorable.

.

Hayah ordered the special salad of Cajun Salmon on a bed of Spinach. The rectangular white plate was a perfect background for the glistening spinach. The Cajun salmon was meaty, perfectly spiced, tender and thoroughly enjoyed.

My sister chose the Salad Nicoise. This is always a winner. The greens are so fresh and the vinaigrette was tangy and perfectly anointed the fresh greens. The green beans were perfectly cooked and served with little potatoes, egg and artichoke.($11.95)

I opted for the Seared Tuna Salad. This restaurant knows how to grill fresh tuna and whenever I see it on the menu I make that my selection. The meaty tuna was so flavorful and perfectly cooked. I loved every morsel. The greens had a wonderful vinaigrette and it all tasted as if the salad had just been picked in the garden.($!5.95)

The restaurant is noted for their Grilled 8 oz. Cantine Burger.($9.95) Yukon gold fries or green salad are part of this great deal.

In the past I have enjoyed the Spaghettini With Tiger Shrimp.($!4.95) The pasta is tossed with roasted tomato, lemon, garlic and olive oil. This is one of my favorite dishes.

The Sour Cherry Pie with ice cream was tangy and tasty. We also shared a Biscotti with chocolate chips. We were satiated, happy and content.

It was a perfect lunch and we had a wonderful time.

I love the food at this restaurant. We complimented our server. We watched how hard she worked and how professional she was. Being a good server is a difficult job and she really enhanced our lunch.

Joe Bersani is the owner of this restaurant. He seems to know all is patrons. He greets them and makes sure that everybody is happy.

I assure him that everybody is happy at this great restaurant. I can’t wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment