Monday, May 24, 2010

Side Car

I get such a rush when I try a new restaurant. When that place is good I really do get excited. I don’t know what I did to be invited by Michael and Doreen for dinner but I happily accepted. I love the College St strip and thought I knew most of the restaurants in this area. What a complete surprise and what a delightful discovery. I should have known that this was a successful restaurant when we saw the place was filled before 7:00 p.m. During the week there is a $25.00 fixe prix and it offers amazing choices. On this weekend we enjoyed the regular fare from the menu.

Michael began with a Romaine Hearts Salad. Ricotta crostini, double smoked bacon and Caesar dressing are combined with the crisp greens.($9.00)

I saw many items that I would have liked but decided on trying two appetizers. The Shrimp Tempura was outstanding.($!2.00) There were so many shrimp. They were beautifully plated on a large grape leaf. The dipping sauce was delicious. The shrimp were perfectly cooked and so tasty. It was enough for a whole meal.

Doreen ordered the Crispy Oven Roasted Chicken. ($18.00) It was a large portion nestled on garlic mashed potatoes with green asparagus. She told us it was superb.

Michael ordered the Cauliflower Risotto.($!6.00) I had a taste and had to be restrained from taking his plate away. The flavor was so delicious. I would go back tomorrow for that same dish if I could. It was the best I have ever tasted.

My second appetizer was the Roasted Beet Salad. Red and orange beets were beautifully flavored. Crisp, perfectly cooked green beans and frisee were topped with dill goat cheese mousse.($10.00). It looked so appealing and it was all so flavorful.

Atlantic Salmon is served with Swiss chard, honey mustard glaze and butter sauce,($18.00)

I was so tempted with the Fettuccini with Black Tiger Shrimp, tarragon and shrimp broth.(18.00)

We were all raving about the food and how filled and satisfied we were. Doreen suggested the Flourless Chocolate Cake and we didn’t even blink before ordering one portion to share. I have never tasted such a delicious cake. It was dense. It was so chocolaty. It was outstanding.

The place continued to be busy all evening. I had an amazing meal and so did the others at the table. I loved watching the exotic food arriving at the tables.

The service was exceptional The owner came over several times to make sure everything was in order. It certainly was.

I just had a surprising gourmet experience s at Sidecar. They have been in operation for 2 years. It is managed so well and the servers do a great job.

This was a winning combination. I am still licking my lips and can’t wait to go back. I hope it will be soon. After dinner we delighted in a little stroll on College St. It was fun to look in the windows of the other restaurants. This street is ‘chock a block’ with restaurants. No restaurant was as busy as Side Car. It is a pleasant room and everything was working well. What a delightful to way to spend an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment