Sunday, May 16, 2010

Lolo

I was given the choice of any restaurant I wanted. My family was driving down from their country cabin near Collingwood. They live in the Lawrence Yonge area. I suggested Lolo because I love the food and it is a convenient place for my family.

I have dined here numerous times and have always loved the food. In the evening there is a $25.00 fixe priz. Three large portion courses are offered with numerous choices in each category. When I enter Lolo’s I immediately inquire if the Lemon Tart is on the menu for dessert. It is the best in the city and I absolutely crave it. The Flourless Chocolate Cake is also a big winner.

I am getting ahead of the game. We came for brunch on Mother’s Day. They only had a 2:30 p.m. slot available and we were happy to accept it.

Louis Ourique is a master chef. Everything comes from the kitchen picture perfect. I salivate on every bite. I am happy to say we were not disappointed on this occasion.

Alex and my son Ray shared the Carrot-Apple Puree Soup.($7.00) It had a rich color and was thick and tasty.

The ‘boys’ followed this with their main course. Alex opted for the Penne with Spicy Sausage, roasted peppers, leeks and tomato sauce.($16.00) Alex has a healthy appetite. The foccacia bread was demolished in no time and he thoroughly enjoyed his pasta lunch.

Ray ordered the Seared Atlantic Salmon.($19.00) It was a thick piece of moist salmon served on creamed mashed potatoes with fresh vegetables and a sauce verte. I have had the salmon here on so many occasions and always marvel at the full flavor and moistness of the fish.

Kathy enjoyed the Porcini Mushroom Ravioli.($19.00) The brandy- chive cream sauce looked so tasty.

I had a wonderful plate of Linguine with Tiger Shrimp. I passed on the scallops and mussels. The tomato sauce was rich and flavorful. The shrimp were plump, plentiful and very tasty. ($20.00)

I do recommend the Salad of Grilled Pear, arugula, asiago,walnuts and pear vinaigrette.($9.00) I have also enjoyed the Thinly- Sliced Beets with arugula and goat cheese.($9.00)

Nobody leaves hungry in this fine establishment. My problem is always in choosing from so many options.

We were happily satiated but I was not going to pass on the Lemon Tart. We also shared the Apple Desert with a caramel sauce. The scoop of ice cream at the side must have been home made. It was truly the best I have ever tasted.

This was a memorable Mother’s Day. I was with my wonderful family. I had superb food. My out of town family had all called. I had a perfect day.

Chef Louis, you have not lost your touch. Than you for the gourmet food.

No comments:

Post a Comment