Monday, December 6, 2010

Cravings

Cravings Asian Cuisine 3393 Yonge St 416 322 2200

If you are craving the best Asian food this is the place. It was a perfect locale to meet my friend who lives in the northern part of Greater Toronto. I live centrally. The subway took me there in no time at all. I like the physical surroundings of this restaurant. It is well designed and has clean high tech lines. It is a busy restaurant but I have never found it to be noisy.

We opted for the 3 course Lunch Special for $12.95. Isn’t that ridiculous? The food is amazing. There are so many choices. My friend started with Hot and Sour Soup. I had a Vegetarian Tom Yum Soup. It was hot in temperature and full flavored. I enjoyed the broccoli, mushrooms and tofu in the soup. For the second course my friend chose the Spring Roll and I had scrumptious Vegetable Tempura. Yummy! We were already getting full. The tempura was absolutely fantastic. It was not greasy. It was crispy and the flavor of the vegetables came through. The spring roll was also enjoyed. My friend had Kung-Po Chicken for the main course with a side dish of rice. I enjoyed my Pad Thai vegetarian style.

That was a lot of food for such a minimal price. There were many options in each section of the fixed price menu.

I usually order from the main menu.

The Shrimp Tempura Udon is my favorite.($11.00) A very large bowl of hot soup is filled with many delicious vegetables and noodles. A side dish with mouth watering tempura makes for a completely satisfying meal.

If you are craving wok you will be tempted with the Thai Basil. A spicy sauce is mixed with vegetables. You can add chicken, shrimp, or eggplant.($13.00)

Spicy orange Beef is battered and deep fried and then stir fried with a spicy tangerine flavored sauce.($11.00)

Vietnamese Yellow Curry can be mixed with vegetables, chicken, beef or shrimp.($11.00-$13.00) Sushi and Sashimi are listed with a variety of options. Yaki Uudon offers Japanese style fried udon noodles with chicken and shrimp.($12.00)

The décor is very aesthetic. There are enough options on the menu to satisfy any culinary desire. This is a very economical place to dine on very delicious food. I have eaten here on numerous occasions. I will continue to return for more of the best Asian food.

No comments:

Post a Comment