Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Say Cheese

Say Cheese

This place is so new that they have not officially opened. I don’t even have a phone
listing. I have been enjoying my time researching cheese sandwiches in this city. Is this
the new ‘It food’? Establishments are opening up all over the city. What could be a better
location than Huron St and Bloor? It is situated beside the Bata Museum and across the
road from the Holiday Inn. I was walking by and noticed a sign in the window,
Chris is a co owner of this fun place. He recently worked at C5, the museum’s fancy
restaurant. I like this one better and I wish him and his partner all the best.
I opted for a Nacho Libre. It was so yummy. The cheese oozed out. All the flavors of
the avocado guacamole, jalapeno and tomato salsa married together. The sandwich was
grilled and warm. I feel like going back for another one right away. A regular sandwich is
$6.50. Premier sandwiches are prepared with higher quality cheese and are $8.50.
The Garden Vegetable is prepared with brie or goat cheese with roasted red
peppers and grilled zucchini.
A Nice Pair features brie, pear and ham.
You can also enjoy adding on items such as a fried egg, mushrooms, tomatoes or
caramelized onions for $1.00 or less.
Sloppy Chili will please you with the chili base, vegetables and jalapeno.
It is all so creative and tempting.
The sandwich was served on a wooden cheese board. Frites or a Salad are part of this
reasonable deal. The salad was fresh and adorned with tasty vinaigrette. It was served in
a small olive wood bowl on the cheese board. Only a dill pickle on the side would have
made it any better.
I already know that on my next visit (which will be soon) will be the Mushroom/ Cheese
combination.
Baking products also looked so tempting. They are made by Chris’s partner. They hope
in time to make their own bread. The baking is creative and so tasteful. I purchased two
cupcakes. One was filled with a chocolate mousse and the other had a caramel filling. A
fantastic display of creative baskets and containers for Valentine’s Day was on display.
Everything was creatively packaged in Valentine boxes and containers. Cookies, Cakes,
Cupcakes and Candies were available in a variety of presentations.
Chris is a creative young man. (and also very handsome) He has ideas for future plans.
The place hasn’t even officially opened but there were several tables of diners. I crave
Cheese Sandwiches. These will satisfy anyone’s taste buds. They are beautifully plated
on the cheeseboard. Not only do they look tantalizing they are scrumptious.
What fun to make such a discovery in my back yard. I wish them all the best.

337A Bloor St West

No comments:

Post a Comment