Monday, February 6, 2012

Vaticano

Vaticano 25 Bellair St 416 924 4967



During Winterlicious I am like a child with a new toy. It is the greatest opportunity to try new restaurants and taste the best of gourmet food in Toronto. I had not dined here before so was delighted to have a new experience in the Yorkville area. You go down a few stairs and enter a restaurant that has the feeling of being in Italy.

Peter was our server. He smiled and was gentle and pleasant throughout the afternoon. We delighted in telling him how much we were enjoying the food. He seemed so pleased with our response. It became a mutual ‘love in.’

Each year at this time my sister, cousin and myself go to a Winterlicious experience. I am embarrassed to say this was an ongoing celebration of a birthday that has long since passed. We had so many laughs but also serious conversations about many current events.

I complimented Peter on the menu. I had actually checked every menu for Winterlicious. I felt that Vaticano offered a great selection and variety. How delightful to discover that the food was also perfectly prepared. This was one fantastic lunch

Cousin BK enjoyed the Cozze Gaeta. The mussels were served in a tomato sauce. My sister was thrilled with the Calamari Fritti. The calamari was flour dusted and deep fried. I enjoyed the Mista. I knew that two more courses were going to be enjoyed and wanted a light appetizer course. The organic greens were tasty and fresh. The Vaticano dressing was light and very flavorful. We were off to a flying start. Nobody left a scrap on the plate.

BK thought the Vitello Piccata was an excellent choice. It was served in a lemon sauce. My sister thought the Spaghetti Aglio Olio was the best choice for an entrée.

Peter advised me the Salmone Alla Griglia was an excellent choice. How true! The salmon melted in my mouth. The balsamic reduction on the side of the plate further enhanced the flavor. Potato and some grilled vegetables completed the dish. It was superb.

All three of us ordered the Chocolate Truffle Cake. It was mousse like. It was creamy and full of chocolate flavor. It was amazing.

We all agreed that this was an outstanding lunch. BK wanted to return for the evening dinner. Winterlicious offers a 3 course lunch for $20.00. Dinner is $35.00

We had a chance to view the regular menu. The prices are very reasonable. The menu offers pasta and pizza suggestions. Many main entrée suggestions are listed.

We had such a good time. What can be better than a gourmet feast with good company?

No comments:

Post a Comment