Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Capitil Trattoria and Pizzeria

The ‘Little Italy’ section of College St. is a visitor’s delight. There is always action and a buzz on the street. There are countless restaurants and on a hot summer evening the front windows of the restaurants are removed and the tables are filled. People perambulate on the sidewalk and it is a European feeling to walk these few blocks. I have eaten at many of the restaurants in this section but had not been at Capitol before. I certainly had missed out. Elaine and I were heading for an early film at the Royal Cinema across the road. We decided to dine early. It is a good thing we did. The patio was almost completely filled by 5:30 p.m. When we came out of the movie there was a long line outside waiting to get into this restaurant.

I liked the menu. I liked the warm friendly feeling from Sophie, our server. There was so much from which to choose.

Elaine chose the Calamari Alla Grigila. ($10.00) Apparently they were outstanding. They were grilled with those fine black marks and served on a bed of greens. There was also the option of Calamari Fritti for the same price. .

I opted for the Shrimp In a Tomato Sauce.($11.00) This was an appetizer but 4 very large tiger shrimp, perfectly cooked were nested in a bed of the very best fresh tomato sauce. The only problem was that it was so good I was eating extra hard crusted bread to soak up that delicate sauce. Scrumptious!

We shared the Arugula Salad with orange sections and roasted walnuts. The arugula was fresh and crispy and so flavorful. It was lightly tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette dressing. We were two happy patrons.

The pizza section is extensive. On my next visit I plan to have the Tuna Pizza.($12.00) Olive oil, mozzarella, tuna roasted peppers and olives garnish this choice. Pesto Pizza features pesto sauce, mozzarella, artichokes and sun-dried tomatoes. ($12.00) There is something for everyone.

I was very tempted by the Fish of the Day. On this occasion it was Swordfish Tuscany Style and served with a variety of vegetables. ($22.00)

Meat lovers may me tempted by the Agnello All Griglia ($20.00) served with a mint sauce or the Vitello Alla Marsala ($18.00)

Seafood Lovers have several choices of fish. Salmone is grilled and served with a lemon and white wine butter sauce.($19.00)

Elaine and I were so pleased with this restaurant. The prices were more than fair. The service was so friendly and helpful. We loved every bite.

The restaurant was bustling with activity but was not noisy. The large patio is on the side of Clinton Street so you don’t feel you are eating on a busy street.

This was love at first sight. Set the table. I am coming back.

Grace Pasucci, you run a very fine restaurant. I felt as if I was back in fantastic Tuscany.

No comments:

Post a Comment