Monday, July 6, 2009

Langolino Wine Bar and Grill

My grandson Alex has just returned home from playing jazz in Calgary. I was pleased to hear that it all went well and I wanted so much to see him. I suggested a place on Clinton St that is just north of College on the west side of the street. I didn’t know the name or anything about the food. I have walked by this restaurant on many occasions on my way to the Royal Cinema. I had to find out what it was all about. It is such fun to discover a new restaurant. The outdoor patio is always filled and I like the fact that it looks out on Clinton St not the bustling College St.

What a discovery! The menu claims to use locally grown vegetables whenever possible. The meat is from Ontario. The food was outstanding. Apparently this has been a family run business since 1994.

We ordered a Bruschetta to start. The fresh tomatoes and garlic were so tasty on the crusty hard bread.($5.00) We shared a Langolino Salad.($8.00) The mixed greens were so fresh. The tomatoes tasted as if they had just been harvested. The vinaigrette was tangy and not overpowering. We demolished every leaf in no time.

Alex ordered Fettucini Alfredo With Chicken.($15.00) Alex had already demolished a basket of bread, bruschetta, more than half a salad and then his pasta plate. He kept telling me how good it all was. I was thrilled with my Linguini With Shrimp.($16.00) The shrimp were enormous and in the shell. The pasta was al dente and had that home made taste. Tomatoes and mushrooms were infused in the dish. I enjoyed every morsel.

There are many Pasta dishes featuring various types of pasta and assorted sauces.

I was tempted by the Grilled Salmon but will save that for next time. Several meat dishes were also offered. Seafood can be ordered from the antipasti section or as an entrée.

We had no room for dessert but were tempted by the Crème Brule. We watched the folks at the next table enjoying what looked like a Cheese Platter. The construction was so artistic and I almost reached out for a bite.

I love the ‘Little Italy’ area in Toronto and am amazed at the numerous wondrous restaurants. Langolino is amazing. I love the outdoor patio. We were treated so well. When rain threatened a large awning was lowered and we continued to dine in style. The service was very efficient but with a smile and pleasant atmosphere. I totally enjoyed the company.

I’m so glad I had a chance to see Alex. He had to rush off for a gig at the Toronto Jazz Festival. I hope we can do it again soon before he heads out for his next Western Tour. He obviously enjoyed his dinner. Not only did I enjoy the food I had the pleasure of dining with Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment