Sunday, July 19, 2009

Rawlicious

like new experiences. I have had 4 unbelievable gourmet meals in the past week as part of Summerlicious. When my dear friend suggested Rawlicious for a Saturday treat I thought a simple vegetarian meal would be in order. This was a little more (or less) than I expected. I should have been warned by the name.

This restaurant features raw food. This living food café features organic vegan food. IT was most educational and interesting to speak with our server. She explained that the raw food aids digestion and told us that hot food, dairy and carbohydrates are bad for the digestive system. We were told that food is our fuel and we should have access to clean chemical free nutrition. Nothing is cooked above 118 degrees so that you get all of the finest enzymes and minerals.

The place is adorable. One of the owners is obviously an artist. Paintings hang everywhere. Two small rooms have tables of a variety of heights and chairs with many cushions for your comfort. We ate out in the small garden. IT was very charming and soothing to the eye.

A variety of drinks is available. Smoothies are all $6.00. Tropical Green features spinach, kale, parsley, celery and romaine. Raspberry Beret is a combination banana, orange and raspberry. Other juice drinks offer a variety of healthy potions.

I ordered a Caesar Salad. Romaine lettuce is tossed a Caesar dressing with pine nut parmesan.($7.00) My friend ordered a Wrap served in a collard green. A seasoned Nut Loaf was served with basil pesto, tomato slices, red onion, shredded lettuce and pine nut sauce engulfed in the collard green.

Entrees are served and they looked tempting but I had to remind myself that they are served at room temperature. Zucchetti Pasta offers spirals of zucchini with a choice of a rawlicious sauce.(e.g. tomato marinara sauce; basil pesto or alfredo sauce.)

Dessert offers cookies and treats. They are not baked. Healthy ingredients are formed together. They are put in a dehydrator and look like traditional cookies.]

It was certainly a new experience but I have to state that I like my food heated. I also have a need for dairy products. I can appreciate the fact that all natural organic products are good for the digestive tract. I guess I am just not such a purist. I like my treats. I like variety and I found this food to be very limiting. It certainly was a new experience.

The fun began when we took a walk after lunch. I am not familiar with the junction area. I had the feeling that this area is about to burst into an ‘up and coming neighborhood.’ The gourmet Ice cream and chocolate shop was fantastic. The ambiance was very aesthetic and the product looked very enticing. A wonderful coffee shop is situated across the road It was packed. Apparently they have the most expensive coffee machine and water filtering system in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment