Monday, July 26, 2010

Alize

Alize 2459 Yonge St. (at Erskine Ave.)

416 487 2771

Once again I took advantage of the Summerlicious program to have a great dining experience for $25.00. Not only did I enjoy some fine cuisine I also had the great company of my grandson, Alex and my daughter-in-law Kathy. I am always delighted when my family gets together. It was a beautiful summer evening so I took the subway and walked a few blocks north of Eglinton. I had great pleasure in looking at all the restaurants in the area. There are many. At the end of our pleasant experience we agreed that we had made the right choice.

Alex enjoyed the Gazpacho Soup served with fresh coriander. He was delighted with the flavor and the ample size of the portion. Kathy and I enjoyed the Baby Spinach Salad served with cherry tomatoes in a toasted sesame seed with a ginger and honey vinaigrette. The spinach was so fresh and crisp we felt as if it had just been picked. The vinaigrette was subtle and tasty. Our third choice was the Phyllo Pastry Stuffed With Spinach, caramelized onions, ricotta and served with harissa.

Alex and Kathy chose the Malbec-Braised Beef Short Ribs prepared in a chocolate chipotle BBQ sauce. It was served with Yukon gold pommes frites. I consider Kathy to be the expert on pommes frites and she declared these as a winner. The meat was flavorful and very tender.

I was thrilled with the Angel Hair Pasta. It was served with roasted garlic, grilled portobello, roasted peppers, tomato concasse and charred onions. The basil pesto and crumbled goat cheese was absolutely delightful on the palate.

Alize Special Seafood Paella with tiger shrimps, mussels and chorizo sausage was a favorite this evening. It is served with tomato provencal saffron rice.

It is amazing how we always have room for dessert when it is part of the package. Alex and Kathy enjoyed the Crepe Stuffed With Banana & Caramel. It was topped with a chocolate balsamic glaze. They enjoyed it but agreed that a topping of whipping cream or ice cream would have added to the overall pleasure.

I opted for the Strawberry & Apple Crumb Tart with whipping cream. It was a delightful conclusion to a lovely evening.

The restaurant was filled both on the patio and inside. The service was very warm. We enjoyed our food very much.

The regular menu offers an amazing variety of dishes. There are numerous entrée dishes offered. Pasta and Pizza suggestions are plentiful. I was pleased to see that delivery and catering is also offered.

The restaurant is centrally located and totally satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment