Monday, July 26, 2010

Bistro Tournesol

Bistro Tournesol 406 Dupont St 416 921 7766

One week ago I ate a perfect meal here. I have been savoring this unbelievable meal in my mind and had to go back to see if another try would be as magnificent. Hard to believe! It was even better. Perfect. Outstanding. Marvelous!

I am quickly working my way through the Summerlicious restaurants but had to go back once more to this small perfect restaurant. As usual Philip greeted us at the door as if we were his best friends. The restaurant was booming. My dinner companion and I agreed that this was an amazing excellent restaurant. We reminisced when this establishment was called the Cow and featured healthy type food back in the ‘hippy days.’ I later enjoyed the food at Jakes and then it became Bistro Tournesol. I have been loyal for many years but the present establishment is the best. Philip is so ‘delicious’ himself. He works the front of the restaurant and treats his clients with such care and respect. I must meet Chef Craig one day. He is a master in creating delectable food. His sauces are tasty and smooth. The food is cooked to perfection. The plating is creative. Every bite is noteworthy. I love this place.

My dinner companion began her meal with the Summer Gazpacho. It was so flavorful and had a fresh taste of the pureed vegetables. We were off to a good start. On my last visit I savored the Fish Cakes and was tempted to re-visit this tasty dish. I opted to enjoy the Tournesol Mixed Greens with sunflower seeds and cherry tomatoes. The salad was crisp and tasty. The shalotte vinaigrette was subtle and perfectly enhanced the flavor of the greens.

My dinner companion opted for the Vegetarian Special. Pasta. It was cooked al dente and the red onion, zucchini, and tomato added so much flavor. The pasta was topped with goat’s cheese. I was craving my favorite Grilled Fresh Atlantic Salmon. Salmon needs to be cooked only to a certain point so it is not overcooked. My portion was moist inside and melted in my mouth. The citrus aioli drizzled on top was a gourmet perfection. I never eat enough vegetables so was delighted with the variety of perfectly cooked vegetables. Cauliflower, spinach, beans and broccoli made me a healthy satisfied diner. I think I could have eaten another full plate because it all tasted so good.

When I arrived at the restaurant I told Phillip that the Lemon Curd Tart was calling out to me. For one week I had been secretly salivating over the thought of this gourmet wonder. It is the best dessert I have ever had. Even now as I think about the creamy, tart taste of that lemon tart I salivate. The crust is flaky and the drizzled wild blueberry preserves make this a ‘wow’ dessert.

I was happy that the other choice at the table was the Bittersweet Belgian Chocolate Mousse. The white chocolate curls added a zing to the creamy chocolate base. A little almond biscotti was on the side.

Perhaps I have indulged in superlatives but I sincerely declare this restaurant the best of the best.

Bistro Tournesol is taking a well deserved holiday the first week of August. Do call ahead to make a reservation either before or after that date. The regular menu promises to allow you to indulge in a wondrous dining experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment