Monday, February 22, 2010

Langolino

I met the most interesting couple last evening. Megan Davies is the chef of this delightful restaurant. Her adorable and talented son, Karim is the server. The two work so well together and provide a warm atmosphere to enjoy the fantastic food. I have dined here mainly in the summer and have loved the outdoor patio. I found a whole new experience last evening. The little light bulbs were glowing in front and made the space seem ‘’fairy like’. .I love the fact that the restaurant is a few steps north of College on Clinton yet maintains the vibrant atmosphere in this busy neighborhood. The inside of the building gives you the feeling you are in an authentic Italian bistro. The bright red walls and the paintings bring a glow. I like the way the tables are spaced. You can enjoy a private atmosphere. The coat closet is a large wooden wardrobe It is a piece of art.

My friends Bea and Lou have recently returned from a cruise in South America. I wanted to hear all about it and they wanted to see me before I head to Israel next week. (For a month). I thought they would like this restaurant and I was so right.

Bea and I started with the Warm Mushroom Salad.($!3.00) It was exotic, delicious and so enjoyed. The variety of warmed mushrooms was served on a bed of greens with roasted peppers, tomato and feta cheese. It looked too good to eat but after one bite there was no stopping us. Lou chose the Langolino Salad. Mixed organic greens are mixed with cucumbers, tomatoes and onion and served with a house vinaigrette.($8.00) The bread was of excellent quality and by the time we had finished our appetizers we were already content and somewhat satiated. There were many options for appetizers and I will come back soon to try different dishes.

Lou enjoyed his main course of Linguine al’oio. The pasta was served with a fine quality olive oil, garlic and a taste of pesto.($13.00) Bea enjoyed her selection of Rigatoni Alla Vodka served in a tomato cream and vodka sauce.($13.00) The pasta was presented in a large white bowl. The portions were generous and the food was superb. We also enjoyed chatting with Karim. He told us stories about the development of the restaurant. Congratulations to his mother Megan. She was never formerly trained in cuisine. She is amazing. She is talented. She is a culinary expert.

My choice of Grilled Atlantic Salmon Fillet was the perfect choice. I was craving a piece of fish. The portion was sufficient for 2 persons but I ate every morsel. The salmon was tasty and moist. The vegetables were numerous and each one was perfectly prepared. It was excellent.

Lou and Bea shared a Crème Brulee and immediately stated that it was better than the dessert they had enjoyed on their recent cruise.

I congratulate Megan and Karim. They handle the business on their own. They work every day and are hoping to open for lunch in the near future. They are currently open for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.

This was an exceptional evening. Loved every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment