Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pickle Barrel

Pickle Barrel Yorkdale Shopping Centre (near the Bay) 416 785 8881 It was the perfect place to meet with my granddaughter, grandson-in-law and my delicious 6 month old great grandson. They were in town from Israel and staying in the northern part of the city. They could drive comfortably to Yorkdale and do some shopping. I was able to take the subway. Yorkdale has become a very upscale shopping centre. The Pickle Barrel also had a transformation a few years ago. Rose Reisman became an advisor for the menu keeping in mind, good health, nutrition and flavor. She has made an incredible difference. The restaurant is huge but divided into small sections. We had a booth and it felt quite private so we could talk and hear without a lot of din in the background. Our server Mila was so sweet and always helpful. Her charming smile and attentiveness made us so welcome. We all enjoyed our food and felt as if we were in a ‘top of the line’ restaurant. This is an economical friendly spot for families, groups, or individual diners. My granddaughter ordered The Grilled Rainbow Trout. ($16.95) The food was beautifully arranged on the plate. This does so much for the appreciation of a fine meal. Not only did it look good she was delighted with all the flavors of the fish and beautifully prepared vegetables. The Shiitake Gnocchi arrived in a large bowl. A salad was also included. My grandson had enough delicious food to satisfy his large appetite. ($17.49) My Salmon Teriyaki was perfect. I couldn’t believe I could eat with one hand and hold the baby with the other. I didn’t miss a beat. The salmon was beautifully flavored and very moist. It was placed on a bed of rice and stir fried vegetables. It was tasty and very satisfying. ($16.99)We were all happy diners. The young parents demolished an enormous Peanut Butter Sundae. ($5.99) My Cappuccino was excellent and served with small Biscotti. It was all so delicious but at 3:00 am I wished I had delayed on the coffee. Pickle Barrel does a major catering and take out business. Their Party Sandwiches are the best. The menu is enormous. Every type of food suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner is on the menu. The service is always with a smile. The food is fresh and tasty. I am even more pleased now that the Pickle Barrel has such an emphasis on healthy, flavorful food. You can also choose to ‘binge’ and go off your diet for a change. The mouth watering Pastries in the cooler are more than tempting. When I see a large plate of Tuscan Grilled Cheese Pannini with goat cheese, mozzarella, aged cheddar, sundried tomatoes, olives and a light pesto sauce being delivered to the next table I get a mouth watering feeling. ($11.95) I have enjoyed the Vegetarian Soya Burger in the past. The meatless burger is served on a bun with tomato, grilled onion, and pesto mayo. A green salad is included. ($10.49) If you fancy some type of food it is sure to be on the menu somewhere. It was a totally satisfying evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment