Sunday, June 24, 2012

Rooster Coffee House

Rooster Coffee House 479 Broadview Ave 416 995 1539 What a scenic part of town. You can overlook the Don Valley and see a beautiful landscape of downtown Toronto. In the middle of this residential area is a little cafĂ© that is a total success. Look for the red umbrellas outside and lots of folk sitting at the tables. I have passed it many times and marked it on my ‘must do’ list. I had invited some friends for coffee. They laughed at me when I suggested I was going to introduce them to their neighborhood coffee house. It is already their neighborhood watering hole and are both well known by first name at this delightful spot. I thought I had discovered a new place. I couldn’t believe the action at 11:00 am on a Monday. People just kept coming in. Many were take outs. All the tables on the sidewalk were being used on this gorgeous summer day. Even inside customers were enjoying the fine coffee, reading newspapers and working on computers. The staff was so friendly. Coffee is roasted here. Rooster Coffee House is known for many types of fine Coffee. Pastries and Sandwiches. You can get your coffee fix by choosing from the lengthy list. The important thing is the excellent quality of the beans and the flavor through the preparation. I didn’t drink coffee for over 12 years. I am now a ‘craving convert.’ I need my daily fix. I am constantly searching for the fine spots in town that serve a flavorful rich cup of coffee. I have learned it is an art to prepare the best. The Rooster Coffee House is open seven days a week. It is a little oasis in mid town. I enjoyed a Cappuccino and a Blueberry Scone. It was all so delightful. My friend had a Steamed Milk. We talked so long she later ordered a Vegetarian Sandwich. Her husband enjoyed two different types of coffee and a scone during our visit. Rooster is also noted for the delicious sandwiches. It was obvious the other clients were regulars. This was my first visit and certainly not my last. I felt I had an education in the fine art of brewing a good cup of coffee. The only problem is finding a seat because the place is so popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment