Monday, June 4, 2012

Spencer's on the Waterfront

Spencer’s On the Waterfront 1340 Lakeshore Road, Burlington 905 633 7494 www.spencers.ca Burlington is a charming town. The waterfront is lovely and widely used. Spencer’s is a large modern glass building overlooking the lake. It was the perfect spot for my sister and me to honor our brother’s special birthday. He and his partner live in St Catherines. Burlington was a half way spot to drive to celebrate the occasion. Thanks to my neighbor who highly recommended this spot that was unknown to me. She was so right with the accolades. It was a lovely drive and I would do it again. The rewards at the end were noteworthy. Sunday is Champagne Brunch time. We had no knowledge of the food, the menu or the cost. Brunch is $43.00 per person. Not expensive considering the quality and the quantity of the food. All the drinks are included. Champagne, Kir Royale and Mimosas are non stop. It was great entertainment to watch some of the people enjoying vast quantities of beverage and food. Various stations for the buffet are placed around the large airy room. One station features main course items. There were numerous choices. Eggs Benedict, Lamb and Pasta were just a few of the featured main portions. There was so much else I didn’t even stop at this station. Enormous Crab Legs were in a large bowl. My favorite was the large bowl of giant Pesto Shrimp. Quinoa Salad was exceptional. I even enjoyed Potato Salad. I usually pass on it The Maple Smoked Salmon and little marinated pieces of Herring were so tasty. The station outside on the patio featured Crepes and Waffles. It was obvious that was a popular choice. Breads and a selection of Cheese were of the finest quality. The Desserts were exceptional and too numerous to even mention. Dare I confess I enjoyed a Lemon Tart, Brownie and Bread Pudding? The others at the table equally indulged. My sister declared the Banana Chocolate Cake a winner. My brother’s partner liked the Fruit Crumble. I wanted to take a bite from my brother’s Butter Tart. We ate as if there was no tomorrow. After indulging sufficiently our delightful server, Geoff brought a slice of Chocolate Mousse Cake with a candle. He had overheard us congratulating our brother on his birthday. Geoff was a delightful charming young man with a wining smile. He was attentive and efficient. The place was fully booked but we always felt that he gave us attention as if we were the only patrons in the place. That young man is going to go far. The food was of exceptional quality. Everything was delicious and plentiful. This is an ideal place for a special occasion. The window seat was fantastic for overlooking the water and all the activities on the beach. The young musician entertained all the guests with jazz on his keyboard and I loved his singing. Lunches are served from Monday until Saturday from 11: 30 am. Dinners begin at 4:30 pm. How lucky we were to celebrate our brother’s birthday together! What a great location! What fabulous total experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment